Chai Spice Millet Granola
Kanira Chai Spice Biscuits: 1 package
Puffed Millet: 1.5 cups
Pepitas: ½ cup
Coconut Flakes: 1/4 cup
Dried Apple slices: 1/4 cup, cut into pea sized pieces
Diaspora Co Chai Masala: 1.5 tsp
Coconut sugar: ¼ cup
Coconut oil: 2 tablespoons
Kosher salt: 1/4 teaspoon
Baking Soda: 1/4 teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a 9x13 baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Break Kanira biscuits into pea sizes pieces by placing the biscuits in a mortar and pestle or in a plastic bag and lightly crushing.
- In a large bowl, mix crushed Kanira biscuits, puffed millets, pepitas, coconut flakes, and apple slices. Set the dry ingredients aside.
- To a small saucepan on medium-low heat, add ¼ cup of water, Diaspora Co Chai masala, coconut sugar, coconut oil,, and kosher salt. Allow the sugar to melt and dissolve and the liquid to come to a rolling boil.
- Once the mixture comes to a rolling boil, turn off the heat, add baking soda, and whisk vigorously. The mixture will lighten in color and slightly rise.
- Pour warm mixture over the dry ingredients and mix to coat all the dry ingredients with the wet.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, making sure to stir at the halfway point until the mixture is golden and dry to the touch. Allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container at room temperature. Serve with yogurt or milk.